Last updated on 7th October 2022.
- information we collect
- Information we collect directly from you
When you use the Services, we and our service providers may collect information directly from you. You may elect to withhold certain information from us, however this may impact the services we are able to provide to you. Examples of information we may collect directly include:
- Contact information: such as your first and last name, email address, and cell phone number in order to communicate with you regarding our products and services including in relation to transactions between you and us, Company news and marketing materials.
- Demographic information: such as gender, education, and geographic location.
- Financial information: such as consumer credit information, bank account information and payment information, which our third party payment processors collect on our behalf.
- Account registration information: such as your contact information, mailing address, and shipping address, when you create an account with us.
- Device information: such as operating system version, device type, and system performance data.
- Location information: when you use the Services or when you disclose that information to us when identifying yourself.
- Other information: provided by you to the Company in the course of corresponding with us, for instance where emailing the Company or submitting an online inquiry or provided in public forums through the Services or via social media.
- Information we collect automatically
- Online tracking
We also collect certain information automatically from you. Cookies and similar tracking technologies such as beacons, tags, and scripts may be used to track usage of our Services and hold certain information including browser information, page views, links clicked, location and conversion information. Cookies are files with small amounts of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier. This information may be used by us and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, provide customer support, troubleshoot issues with and improve the operation of the Services, and better understand your online activity to improve our business.
If you do not want a cookie placed on your hard drive or mobile device, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Services may not function properly.
For example, we use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Services. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve the Services. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Information we collect from third parties
- Third-party website information: we may collect information about your use of a third-party site you use to access, or interact with, the Website and our Services, such as social networking sites offering login verification services. This may include information you provide to a third-party site such as account information, login email, content information, social graph, network statistics, updates, as well as publicly available information about you accessible on the third party site. You can choose to stop sharing that information with us at any time by going to the third party website to remove our access to that account.
- Other third-party information: we may also collect information from third parties such as our service providers and business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management, such as to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you, account management, hosting, customer and technical support, and other services which we use to personalize your experience.
- Online Tracking
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. We do not recognize Do Not Track signals.
- how we use your information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To verify your identity and to provide you with the Services.
- To administer your account and detect, prevent and address technical issues and other queries or complaints.
- To deliver the products and other services you request, process payments, and send you related information, including confirmation and receipts.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you details or updates about features of the Services or changes to our Services, products or policies.
- To personalize content and experiences and improve the Services and user experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests.
- To optimize or improve the content, services, and features of the Services, including using your information to train our AI/ML algorithms.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal and to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
- To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including research, internal analysis, analytics, business improvement and other functions.
- To help us deliver targeted advertising including to consumers directly and through unaffiliated advertising partners, to measure the effectiveness of advertising on behalf of our advertising partners, and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement.
- To send you offers and promotions for our other products and services.
- To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services.
- With your opt-in permission, we may (i) provide you with news and updates about the Company; or (ii) send you surveys to collect feedback about your experience with the Company in order to improve the Services. You are permitted to opt-out of any such communications at any time.
how we share your information
We share your personal information that we have collected with the following persons/entities and in the following circumstances:
- When you request our referral services to forward or share certain content with a friend, such as an e-mail inviting a friend to use the Services or sharing certain content from the Services with a friend.
- When we contract or partner with a third party to provide services on our behalf, for example, with companies who provide us with certain administrative services, payment card services, as well as our affiliates and other partners who assist us in carrying out, developing and maintaining the Services.
- We may share your information with third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes and we allow advertisers and third-party marketing partners to collect and use information they need to confirm that their ads are properly served and to measure the success of their campaigns on websites and apps. This does not apply to SMS messaging. These partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit other related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” If you prefer that we do not share your information with third-party advertising and marketing partners, you may opt-out of such sharing by following the instructions in the “Your Controls and Choices” section below.
- In connection with the sale of a business, including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties, to comply with legal process, including judicial warrant, rule, order or subpoena or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or regulation.
- In addition, we may share anonymized and aggregated data sets with third parties, alone or in combination with anonymized information of other users.
- newsletters and other communications
If you sign up to receive promotional materials from us via email and/or push notifications we will use the data you give us to provide the communications you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will remove you from our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level. If you provide your phone number to us directly or through a third-party for the specific purpose of receiving an SMS message with a link to our Services, you will receive such SMS message. Standard text message rates will apply. We will endeavor to comply with these requests as soon as reasonably practicable. Please be advised that you may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service or transactional email messages from us that are required to provide you with our Services.
- your controls and choices
You have the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. These controls and choices include your right to:
- Correct, update and delete your registration account.
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by modifying your profile or by contacting us at email@example.com or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain services to you, and some of our Services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or via the “Contact Us” section below.
If you are a user of this service and a California resident under the age of 18, you may request to have your posted content or personal information removed from the publicly-viewable portion of the Website or the Services by emailing us at email@example.com. In certain situations, content or personal information cannot be removed.
As a California resident, you may contact us with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information for such third parties’ marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose.
If you do not want to receive marketing-related emails or other types of messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the instructions in the relevant electronic communication. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative and Services or transaction-related messages, which you cannot opt-out of.
- third party websites and links
Our Services may contain links to other online platforms operated by third parties. We do not control such other online platforms and are not responsible for their content, their privacy policies, or their use of your personal information. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators except as disclosed on the Services.
Please keep in mind that personal information you post on public or semi-public venues, including personal information you share on third party social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party online platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. When you provide personal information to a third-party online platform, the personal information you provide may be separately collected by that third-party. The personal information the third-party online platform collects is subject to the third-party online platform’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you make on the third-party online platform will not apply to our use of the Information we collect directly through our Services.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of personal information by third parties.
- payment information
- children’s privacy
Our Services are not directed to children who are under 13 years of age, and we do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information from them without obtaining consent from the child’s parent or guardian. To the extent you wish to enable your child to use the Services, you must create an account for the child in accordance with our Terms of Service and provide consent for us to collect such information from your child. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age without such consent, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. Please note, however, that we may provide services to a child without parental consent for the purposes of protecting the health or safety of that child. In such cases, we will use reasonable efforts to provide a parent with notice that the child has registered for our services.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided us with personal information, you may contact us to request it be deleted.
- security and data retention
- important notice to non-us residents
The Website and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By accessing the Website and using the Services, and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
- contact us
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 310 Jims Road
Mt Tremper, NY 12457
- Phone: (929) 334-1383